Places to treat mom this Mother’s Day
It’s nearly Mother’s Day, so if you haven’t organized something yet it may be worth seeing if any of these places in & around the neighbourhood still have some space. Here’s our round- up of some lovely restaurants & their offerings this Sunday May 12th:
- Melrose Arch: A ballet performance in aid of charity, where you can have lunch on the High Street or the Square. Dancers from the National School of the Arts’ ballet school will perform excerpts from favourite ballets at The Venue on High Street from 12.30pm to 1.15pm, R50 per adult, children under 12 are free. All proceeds donated to the smile Foundation, which funds corrective facial reconstructive surgery and treatment. Book on smilefoundationsa.org , or at the door. And for the res of the time, you get to listen to the Classic 1027’s string quartet in the background. Restaurants include Paul, Ono Poke Eatery, Jamie’s Italian, Moyo, Ghazal and the African Pride Melrose Arch.
- The Hyatt regency’s contemporary restaurant OneNineOne in Rosebank will be having a gourmet buffet, with different stations from an oyster station cheeses and brunch, salad and even a taco station and desserts. It’s R550 a person, and from 12h00 this Sunday.
- The Wanderers Club from 12pm to 4pm, it’s R395 a person. 21 North Street, Illovo. You can book on 011-7855010.
- At The Course in Sandton, you get to enjoy morning or afternoon high tea in the contemporary restaurant, bistro and bar. The morning high tea is from 08h30 to 11.30; afternoon tea from 12h00 to 16h00, which includes a live performance by all-female electric strong quartet The Muses. To book, call 010-4425967 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit thecourse.co.za
- The Tsogo group of hotels always does something special at this time. Here are some in & around the neighbourhood: Sandton Sun’s San restaurant is offering a decadent lunch for moms and their families. Don’t forget that deck, its hard to beat that view. Southern Sun Hyde Park is having a family style lunch. Again, it’s light and airy in that space which always feels chic. 54 on Bath’s fine-dining Level Four restaurant has a four-course lunch. It’s one of the city’s most elegant dining experiences and the food is something special. InterContinental Sandton Towers will have a lunch buffet.